Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone :)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by StrawberryMoose, Nov 18, 2013.

1. StrawberryMoose

StrawberryMoose New Member

View attachment 1506
    Hey everyone ^__^
    I'm just starting out an new little venture called Strawberry Moose...Really its just a little bunch of daft illustrations for now but hoping to start up a little business for myself selling printed mugs and tshirts and bits. No doubt this forum is going to come in handy along the way !
    You can find me at if you fancy having a look for yourself ! Would love to have some feedback. I'm a bit of a newbie to this :/
    I've just started a blog too at !
    Its just me and my markers against the world for now !
    Strawberry Moose xx

Attached Files:

2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, welcome to the Forum.
  3. Hey there, welcome to DF! i can see you've got some raw talent when comes to your illustrations, that's great! The work on your Facebook page isn't too bad :) My first piece of advice to you, to enhance your designs, would be to learn about and start using different line weights, it will add so much to your illustrations!
    How goes the planning for your illustrated mugs? How do you hope to achieve to make it successful? Maybe we can help there too :)
  4. floriographic

floriographic Member

Hey Strawberry Moose!
  5. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Welcome to DF! :D
  6. StrawberryMoose

Hey there, everyone :) Thanks for your feedback, Sean ! At the moment, as I don't have a graphics tablet I'm having to hand draw the designs...scan them in and re-colour them in photoshop. I'm hoping to get a tablet soon so hopefully I'll be able to iron out a few kinks, might help with the line weight too !
    Can you guys recommend a tablet ? I've heard a lot of good things about the Wacom Bamboo ?
  7. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

The Bamboo is awesome for the money.
  8. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Oh. welcome to DF by the way. :)
  9. StrawberryMoose

Yeah, so I've heard. It'd be my first not looking for anything mega snazzy, but seems like its got plenty of bang for its buck.
    Love your website, Scotty :)
  10. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Thanks SM :D
    As for the Bamboo, I've always used a big Intuos so I was pretty annoyed when I turned up for work at my new job and they'd got me a Bamboo.
    I was completely shocked how well it compared and the fact it's smaller is better as I have some room on my desk.
    To be honest, I can't tell any difference.
    Been using it for over a year and it's still going strong.
    I checked out your work on your FB page and think it's awesome.
    Reminds me a bit of Adventure Time.
    Think it'll work well on product.
  11. You don't need a graphics tablet to do shading, you can do great shading with shape layers :)
  12. StrawberryMoose

Thanks Scotty :) I was always taught at school/college/uni to draw "properly" and studied life drawing too but always found myself returning to my slightly childish style. Always found there was something really fun and free about it.
    I'll definately have a look at the Bamboo...Never really used a tablet before so I'm sure it'll take a bit of practice at first. Would sure beat hand-drawing and scanning as I'm doing now ! Haha !
    I'll have to have a look into how to do that, Sean. My knowledge on Photoshop is fairly basic as I haven't used it in such a long time. Practice makes perfect, right ? :)
  13. Yes, traditional educational institutions can be so very... traditional and linear, can't they..!
    You have a nice style :)
    I found a good tutorial for you on shading in PS, it's pretty easy and quick as well. There are different types of shading and you may want to keep it simple at first but the vid should help you either way :) Let me know how you get on with it!
  14. iDesign

iDesign Member

Hi StrawberryMoose.
    Love your work! Welcome :)
  15. StrawberryMoose

That'd be great, Sean. Could you post the link in here for me and I can take a look ?
    Hi there, Amy :) Thankyou very much ! I look forward to having a look at some of your stuff too ! Let me know when you've got your page set up and I'll check it out !
    iDesign likes this.
  16. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Welcome along :) I don't know anything about drawing, so that's where I end my input :( Welcome welcome welcome!