Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by KatyCowan, Aug 30, 2009.

1. KatyCowan

KatyCowan New Member

Thought I'd pop along and say hello. Greg found me on Twitter and invited me to join.
    Looks really good in hear. Look forward to chatting about everything to do with design.

My name's Katy. I'm actually in PR and freelance. But I'm obsessed with graphic and illustrative design. Wish I had the talent to do it myself.

I used to be a journalist but went into PR because there were more opportunities. I was really missing the creative side of journalism, plus I was finding freelance work a bit isolating - so I set up an online magazine called Creative Boom. It's been running for five weeks now and seems to be getting a good response.

The thing I love about it the most is the LookBook - where I showcase talented designers and their work.

So I've signed up on here, not only to tell you about Creative Boom - but to hopefully make some good contacts because I outsource all my design work for my business Boomerang PR. That's at

That's enough from me for now. To see CB - visit

2. welcome to DF Katie :)
  3. KatyCowan

KatyCowan New Member

Lovely to have a warm welcome! :)
    Looks really good on here. Really useful resource!
  4. It is an absolutely brilliant resource Katie :)
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

A great community, welcome to the forum :)
  6. KatyCowan

KatyCowan New Member

Thanks Chris... thanks Glenn...

Looking forward to getting to know you both! :D
  7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Great stuff Katie,and welcome aboard.
  8. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Hey hey :) welcome
  9. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Welcome aboard Katy :)
  10. KatyCowan

KatyCowan New Member

Lots more warm welcomes! This is a friendly place! Hope you're all having a cracking bank holiday :D
  11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

If by cracking bank holiday you mean screaming at my computer because I hate powerpoint presentations that need to have flash elements that have been rendered wrong then, yes, yes I am!

Welcome to DF!
  12. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

13. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum! :)
  14. KatyCowan

KatyCowan New Member

God it's been a while since I popped in to say hello!

Thanks for your welcomes! I've been up to my eyeballs in work lately and Creative Boom seems to be growing and growing... So haven't had chance to say hello!

How is everyone? Have you seen the changes I've made to my website? You'll understand why I've not been around... Eeekk!