Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by 5.1, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 5.1

5.1 New Member

Great forum and good to read about fellow designers who see things the same way I do!

Been working as a designer for print for the past 13 years since Uni, the last 2 though have been down in the repro salt mines. I came to a point a few years ago where I was burnt out, frustrated with the company and the system of work, my work suffered and I was given the option of repro (as the print side of the company needed help in that dept.) or out basically.

For the sake of a steady pay cheque and my family I took the option and resented it ever since, for a long time I thought I was the problem and believed I wasn't 'good' enough, recently though I've been doing a lot of blog reading and have come to the conclusion I CAN DO THIS! It's not me that's the problem.

Now I'm on the road back and determined to do things on my own terms which means getting out of this hole I've dug myself and refreshing my creative side(s) - I'm capable of anything and can do pretty much everything (short of app design but I might have a dabble in that for fun).

I'm probably saying too much but this is quite cathartic for me as I've had no-one really to express this to (who understands).

Anyway, I hope all is good with the world and your projects and look forward to reading/posting.

A*

2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you around.

3. 5.1

5.1 New Member

Thanks Wardy. BTW checked out your site and love the illy style. Reminds me of leafing through contact books :icon_clapping:

4. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum 5.1

5. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Funny you should mention Contact, praise indeed, I'm just thinking of going in.

6. PoundPig

PoundPig Member

Hello 5.1,

Loved the outline of your journey so far and cannot wait to hear which path you take with that determination tone in which you write with!

Welcome and best of luck :thumb:

7. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

8. 5.1

5.1 New Member