Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone i'm new here, quick question and intro

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Creative guy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Creative guy

Creative guy New Member

How is everyone?

I am a graphic and web designer from Leeds. I have over 14 years experience within this industry. I decided to make a change and go freelance about 4 months ago. Just wondering who else has made this decision after working for other companies and how are you finding it?
  2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. I decided last year to go freelance/set up a business after working in many different jobs (non design related). It has its ups and downs but wouldn't swap it for anything else :icon_biggrin:
  3. Creative guy

Creative guy New Member

That's good to hear. It has been good for me so far. I wouldn't swap it either. You can't beat the sense of freedom.
  4. DAVOR

DAVOR Member

Hi there! Welcome to the forum.

I have started freelance in my spare time, have just really started so can't really judge yet. I am hoping it will give me some more exiting projects to work on though.
  5. Moominbaby

Moominbaby Member

Hello and Welcome,

I worked in the crappyest design job ever! and now I'm freelance, it's great! I am still building up clients but I love it I mostly work inhouse via a freelance recruitment agent and it works really well. Some where new all the time. Well paid, no office politics and bitching:), lots of lovely new people to work with :). I get to work on some really interesting brands like telegraph paper, open uni, glenfiddich whisky and lots more :) and when I'm not working I get to go too ushually busy places in London when theyre quiet :) yey! happy freelancing!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Creative guy

Creative guy New Member

Good luck, hope it pans out for you
  7. Hi moominbaby,

Can I ask what freelance recruitment agent your with?
  8. Creative guy

Creative guy New Member

Yes it' exciting especially when you have project for a well known brand. Alays good working with new peope which reduces politics.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
  10. Creative guy

Creative guy New Member

Hello Arrivals