Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Lisa, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

I am the new girl (a little scared, its like being back at school all over again). This is the first time I have been on a forum so I don't really know what to say so I will tell you a little about myself to break the ice.

I have been designing for as long as I can remember. I went to uni and did the usual but I couldnt wait to get out and start work. I rose through the ranks quite quickly in the industry and have so far had a varied career working with clients both big and small all across the world. I am passionate about what I do and enjoy every aspect of design. I am constantly looking for new things to learn and try and at the moment am really into eco design.

I am currently in full time employment as a studio manager but work as a freelancer in my spare time and when I am not doing that I am busy setting up my own studio, horse riding and walking my batty spaniel. :icon_smile:

I stumbled on your forum by accident and thought I would give it ago, meet like minded people, learn some stuff and hopefully pass some on as well.

So HELLO to all!
  2. Steve

Steve Member

Welcome Lisa - do you have an online portfolio or anything to let us see you work?

Oh and don't be scared - everyone is really frindly here :icon_smile:
  3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hi Steve
    Online portfolio haha I wish I had the time, pathetic excuse I know but their are not enough hours in the day. I am still undecided as to what to put on my website at the moment, especially as I am so self critical. My current employer does not allow any of the staff to showcase the work that we do so I cant put my favourite pieces on their from my employed job. :icon_crying:
  4. Helen

Helen Member

Hi Lisa, welcome! I look forwards to seeing some of your work.
  5. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forums :).

I've never understood why companies don't let the designers show off the work they do. I almost think it should be part of the law that companies have no choice regarding this.

Anyway, welcome!
  6. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

aloha. welcome to the GDF :)
  7. dot design

dot design Member

Hi Lisa,

Welcome, put your feet up and make yourself at home!
  8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Thank You all you have made me feel so welcome. :icon_inlove:

I can not believe how much stuff is on here and 'great minds definitely think alike'! haha

Hopefully I will be able to impart some of my own hard earned knowledge on the forum whilst learning from you all as well.

See you around...
    (you will all be sick of me soon haha)
  9. Elekate

Elekate Member

Just wanted to add to the welcomes!

I'm new as well but still thought I would welcome you anyway! :icon_biggrin:
  10. dot design

dot design Member

not a chance! :icon_smile: