Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by TomB, Nov 4, 2008.

1. TomB

TomB Junior Member

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tom and i am a web developer/database designer.

I would say i know very little about graphic design, but i do try my best (I'm colour blind which doesn't help at all)

I would tell you the name of my company, but my website is a little bit of a mess just now and I'm too embarrassed to throw it to the lions at the minute :D

But we provide, web design/development, e-commerce, database development, and graphic design services. The graphic design is done by another designer i work with who is fully trained and puts my doodles to shame with her many talents.

Look forward to chatting to everyone.

Also I love the design greg, grand job. I'm doing a vbulletin forum myself at the minute, my first real design without any help, and I would be grateful of some help with the customising of templates but that's a seperate thread i think.

Cheers

Tom

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Tom,

Glad you could join us, welcome to Design Forums! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think, I think all designers/developers have a habit of putting down their own work. Look forward to hearing more from you, and feel free to invite your designer along to join too.

I'm glad you like the site and yes start a new thread to show us what stage you're at with your vB design I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions :)

Thanks,
    Greg

3. Mike

Mike Senior Member

Welcome Tom,

A man after my own heart! im a more of a coder and am a colour blind designer myself! CP4 for me - one off canine-o-vision

4. TomB

TomB Junior Member

You know I don't think i have ever met another colour blind designer.

How do you know your classification? I have no idea what I am,although i just did this online colour hue test, with 0 being perfect and 99 being terrible and i got 78 so i must be pretty bad!

Try it and see what you get:
    X-Rite: Get exactly the color you need, every time, anywhere in the world.

T

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

I just tried that test Tom and got 20... but wondered if settings on your monitor could affect this sort of test a fair bit? and even down to the actual make/model as some may not be as good as others at displaying accurate colours on screen, interesting test all the same.

6. TomB

TomB Junior Member

I'm not sure, I have a dell monitor which is quite good, but I am colour blind anyway so it won't make a difference.

its funny as well actually because looking at the test was actually giving me a sore head!

7. slightlymore

slightlymore Junior Member

I took the test and got 17. There was someone in my office who managed to get a 6!

I had a friend with proper canine-o-vision (I like that phrase!) we used to draw pictures for her that she couldn't see due to the same saturation of the colours. Harsh, but she enjoyed it :) She always got us back by asking what colours looked like. Now that's a hard question!

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm going to have to give it another go in the morning now! :p

Tom, when will your site be ready to take a look over? I'm sure it's not as 'embarrassing' as you make out?!

9. Victoria Kelly

Victoria Kelly Junior Member

What a cool test! I got 4!! My eyes have gone a bit cross-eyed now though.