Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all!!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Tommy, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Tommy

Tommy Junior Member

Hi all,

Some off you may already know me but if you don't I am Tom, I'm from Essex and I am like a lot of others on here a web designer/developer.

I am currently working for a Web Design Agency in London after giving up the freelancer for a while.

I mainly develop, but do design from time to time.

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Design Forums, and thanks for posting an introduction ;)

Good to see you here and I'm sure your experience in taking designs to final sites will prove to be very valuable on the forums. How are you finding the full-time employment in the city?

3. Tommy

Tommy Junior Member

At first I have to say it was a complete culture shock but after adjusting its absolutely brilliant.

The amount of different industry's I develop sites for and the amount of different technologies I have used have been so much more then when I was freelancing. The amount of CMS system's I work on now, have near trebled and the scale of projects are huge compared to what I was working on.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Sounds great Tom, glad to hear its going well for you and it looks like you're getting some great experience! How do you find the "hustle n bustle" of working in London? Do you commute or live in London?

5. Tommy

Tommy Junior Member

I find the hustle and bustle great tbh, don't know why but I do. I Commute into London, its just a 20 minute fast train into Liverpool Street and were I work is just 2 minutes round the corner to Liverpool Street.
  6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Excellent sounds good, I was scheduled to do a 4-6 week work placement with a design studio in that area but that was before I got offered my previous job which was a full-time design position straight after Uni. Always curious to know what it's like working in a big, busy design agency!

Anyone else you can mention DesignForums to at your work? ;) (got to ask lol)
  7. Cracking Media

Cracking Media Junior Member

Hi Tom - Welcome to DF :)