Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello ^_^ New member here!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by kirirobertson1989, Oct 30, 2009.

1. kirirobertson1989

kirirobertson1989 Junior Member

Hello everybody :)

My name is Kiri, im 20 years old and currently in my 3rd year of University studying Graphic Design: Visual Communications. So very nearly ready to head into the big wide world of the design industry! eeeek!

I enjoy printmaking, knitting, photography, illustration, reading and vintage styles, and have contributed to the Turner Contemporary Gallery in Margate as well as having my work published in the book, 'Life and Art: Work related learning in Margate' by Gillian Wilson.

Im hoping that this forum will help me to gain some understanding of how designers work in order to develop myself :D
  2. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Helloooo and welcome to DF :)
  3. Welcome to the forum Kiri :)
  4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

hur low
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome to Design Forums Kiri!

Which University are you studying at?
    I live in Margate, so not that far from you, and good to hear about your work with the Turner Contemporary, was it part of the Droit House visitor centre?

The Turner Contemporary is really taking shape now!

6. charles

charles Senior Member

7. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Howdie, Have Fun :)
  8. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF Kiri... This months Avatar theme is food
  9. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Ciao Kiri,

Berry is lying, this months avatar theme is Mr Men. next months is food, he's just a bit keen to get his mugshot in... (he does tend to get a bit over excited sometimes)
  10. designium

designium Member

Welcome Kiri...
  11. berry

berry Active Member

No, I've deleted the last few days of October off the calendar as I don't need them, and made today November 1st. If you have a problem with that I'll bite your legs off and clean the wax out of your ears with the soggy end!
  12. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hi Kiri *wave* :D
  13. kirirobertson1989

Im currently at UCA in Maidstone, but it was during my 2 year National Diploma course at UCA in Canterbury.
    My home is in Ramsgate, but currently living in Faversham (easier to get to uni!)
    Yes my work was part of the Droit House visitor centre :) it was a 1 minute animation in order to promote the area (i look back on it now and cringe at my work, but was an experience!)

I have not yet been to Margate to view the progress of the gallery, but from the photograph it defiantly looks promising! During my work with the Turner Contemporary the architect that was designing the building had to think of a redesign because of uncertain stability of the area in which they wanted to build it. Will have to look into how they have managed to get around this :)
  14. kirirobertson1989

Ahhh will have to have a think as to what to change it too :cool:
  15. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

A tad prem there Beresford;)
  16. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome to DF mate, hope to see you around here a lot!
  17. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahh cool, I was at UCA Maidstone a few years back did the Graphic Media course (was the first year of that course then) not a fun commute from Margate 4 days a week!

I remember seeing the scale models being torn apart by the miniature wave simulator!! lol, and yes to get round that problem... they re-designed it and moved it! So a fantastic waste of council money that was, last I heard the council was trying to take the original architects to court over losses incurred as a result of that.

Is Faversham nicer than Ramsgate?! :rolleyes:
  19. kirirobertson1989

Oh dear! I remember them having us sit in a room and draw what we thought the building should look like.

4 days a week?! Gosh we're lucky we even have one now!! What with the will they/wont they possible closure of Maidstone UCA (due to apparent lack of funds, and it being the campus in need of the most repair :< hmmm not due to it being the biggest, and therefore has the largest selling profit at all!) but so far so good that we've managed to keep it up and running though at the cost of some much needed staff.
    It has been said that a SUPERCAMPUS will be launched by 2017 merging all the Kent campus' in the middle of nowhere :clap: lol.

ACT NOW! UCA Maidstone, Canterbury, Rochester, Epsom and Farnham | Facebook

Has all the details here :)

As for Faversham, it has its perks.. small, historical, little independent shops, brewery, and no fast food other than a Wimpy!
  20. Elekate

Elekate Member

Welcome to the forums :)