Healthy Eating Top Trumps

davewill

Hey everyone,
I just posted some work a did a while back on my blog (you can see it here), and Id be interested to see if anyone thinks these playing cards could actually turn into a viable product.
Ive always thought they could be sold to schools or nutritionists to help educate children on the benefits of healthy eating but I don't know if Im too close to the idea and think its better than it really is! Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
________
California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Hi Dave,

This area is just for feedback on DF as a whole, rather than work feedback, just going to move your thread across to the work feedback/critique area :)

Cheers,
Greg

Personally Dave. I think your on the right track. It would be great to see these sold to primary schools and them to give them to children.

Or even for them to be turned into dinner room posters. That way everyone can see it.

Great idea tbh mate.

Thanks Ant, i appreciate that

Greg: It was part of my masters degree in graphic design, i was in contact with my local council and a local primary school at the time who where both interested in seeing the cards developed into a real product but in the end nothing came from it so ive just had them on file ever since. ive had a few visitors to my blog asking if they are available to buy, but unless there is a big demand its probably not financially worth me getting them produced.
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER

They look good Dave! I can see it being played by kids in KS1 and lower but not with KS2 kids because of all the graphics and stuff are very simple and 2Dish.. compared to those yugioh cards but I guess they aren't mean to be for "older kids"? With some dodges and burns to the characters I guess the quality will be greatly improved..

davewill said:
Greg: It was part of my masters degree in graphic design, i was in contact with my local council and a local primary school at the time who where both interested in seeing the cards developed into a real product

Cool, the only reason I asked was because a member here at DF, Mike, runs a site called OrganicLinker and I remember him mentioning he was thinking of creating a top trumps style card game with some of the information from his site, might be worth dropping him a PM and asking if he ever went ahead with his cards? :)

Harry said:
No glosses or gradients? :p

Yea thats a + trust me, it's for kids and kids like shiny, attractive stuff not cards printed in grayscale which you might think is brilliant. :)

hay i would recontact your local education authority for reception age kids, thats year 0 (4-5) as i know mine, leicester, are big on teaching reception age kids healthy eating. all meals are designed by nutrionalists, are made so adults would eat them, reduction in fried foods then we (parents) get leaflets explaining downsides of packed lunch over school diner, that statistically by the age of 5 1 out of every 5 children all all ready obese that sort of thing.

havent viewed the cards but if they arent all ready do them as things like captin carrot, super agent brocoli and style them like agent olso before u reapproach them. not sure if leicester are trying it out in which case do your research. if it is a trial in leicester either approach them or find out who will be trying it out next year n approach that authority as im pretty sure its not 1 collective authority n u may have more luck with 1 futher away from u.

hope it helps.
jaz

Back