Head wall banging

dogsbody

Had a job in this week, all nicely supplied with all colours converted to process, so no problems achieving the desired colours. What does the rep do? Contacts the client and asks him to resupply the artworks in pantone colours.:icon_Wall:

That would be fine if we could print pantones, but we can't. So once again I have to produce a dozen or so swatches and let the :icon_cursing: rep pick a colour to sign off.

Am I seriously the only one who has to deal with such madness on a daily basis?:icon_scared:

Same boat with holes in it, and a broken paddle.:icon_hide: If I was to vent everytime the aforementioned occurred, the forums would most likely crash...

Totally the same boat.

Unfortunately, there are frequently parts of the chain that suffer from the 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing' model.

How many times have you been 'instructed' to supply a PMS when the job is to be printed in process by some know it all (know nothing) rep?

How many times has another 'rep' demanded 300dpi image.... but not supplied a size?

How many times have you been asked for 'fully layered artwork'... by email?

oh, I could go on and on and on......

These people know nothing, and should be exposed at every opportunity. :icon_Wall::icon_Wall::icon_Wall:

Ahh nice to see I'm not alone. My firm just laid me off anyway, reason being that the department is overstaffed, there's a huge staff of three. Real reason, boss feels intimidated that I've sussed him out and he's worried I'll expose his inadequacies in both software use and print savvy to the sales liars.

At least he'll feel more comfortable in non production meetings now. He'll be back to inventing imagined problems with jobs, so he can prove to the sales liars what a billy big nads he is by solving them.

I do hope he has some nice black jobs coming up so he can use his ideal 80,90,70,100 black on them:icon_biggrin:

I like 60c 100k myself....
:icon_biggrin:

THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS BEEN DONE

1. Start with a cage containing five apes. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, an ape will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana.

2. As soon as the ape touches the stairs, spray all the apes with cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result - all the apes are sprayed with cold water.

3. Turn off the cold water. If, later, another ape tries to climb the stairs, the other apes will try to prevent it even though no water sprays at them.

4. Now, remove one ape from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the apes attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

5. Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

6. Again, replace a third original ape with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.

7. After replacing the fourth and fifth original apes, all the apes which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced.

Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the stairs. Why not?

BECAUSE that's the way it's always been done around here.

from jeffbridges.com

Back