Have specific font in mind ... does it exist?

Manual Controller

So I need to a band logo under the name "Un-Click."

I have this idea that the logo should look something like my terrible drawing (attached). Is there a font that similar to something like this? I'm looking for something that uses broken up lines to create the letters.

I could probably make something like this in Illustrator, but ideally I'd like to at least have something to reference, work off of or possibly simply alter.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Logo Idea-crop.jpg
    Logo Idea-crop.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 17
Do you mean "broken up lines" in the same way as a "dashed or dotted" line?

If so, then there are a few fonts out there but if you're talking about something a bit more custom then I guess you'd be better off using a current font and manipulating it in Illustrator I guess.

Hey ya,

Yeah a dashed line font would work, perhaps. I'm thinking any font that symmetrically or uniformly breaks up the lines of the characters would work well. I could then turn the font into outlines and change the weight and shape of the lines.

If you know of any dashed line fonts (preferably with only 1-4 dashes per character) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help!

Hello again,

So I tried out a few dotted/dashed line fonts and they aren't really doing it. I tried creating my own font with breaks in the characters and I'm not really able to get it to look right either.

I did, however, find one font that's close ... https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Emblema+One. I would love to search and try out a few others like this, but I don't even know what you would call this type of font (one that has 1-2 gaps/breaks in the letters). If seeing this type of font brings any others to mind, holla atcha boi.

Thanks for da help!

Ah! I spoke to soon. After doing some searching I guess they call these "spliced" fonts. So they're like "stencil" fonts but ... not exactly.

I should be able to find one that should work out. Thanks!

Back