Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by daulex, Aug 8, 2009.

1. daulex

daulex New Member

I'm not great at these, but because I think I might stick around this community for a while, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Started learning html when I was 10. My mum gave me a book on html as a present for my tenth birth day, my response at first was - thanks, like I'm gonna read that... :)

Anyway, was 14 when I built my first commercial web site (back in Latvia), earned a third of my mums weekly wage in a couple of days, that's why I stuck around.

20 now, am a freelance web designer and if I ever stop(making web sites), it will be to to go and work for a proper design company, if there will ever be one that will have a place for someone like me. No one likes me, because I learned everything myself and have no degrees to back me.

Been a freelancer in London for about 2 years now.

I work with Photoshop, Illustrator, textmate and Transmit on my custom-built, quad-core hackintosh.

I code using strict xhtml, css, jquery, php and some times codeigniter.

Some of my recent works can be seen on the clients page of "my brand", infusia and on my deviantart page.
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hi there

Welcome to the forums :icon_thumbup:

I was in Kingston at the weekend staying with friends.