Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Jan 4, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

okay, so sorry if I'm back posting another freaking thread topic again, but I'm genuinely disgusted this time.

I've been sifting through other site's coding on shell-livewire forums and telling people to improve their standards by doing so.

I just got feedback from one guy (rude tw4t if I was to be honest), telling me to shut up because he didn't appreciate it!

2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Has any body ever managed to get work of shell-livewire forums? looked at it a few times but seems a lot of educating needs to be done first.
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

I've had quite a lot of interest from Shell-livewire.

Should look at some of the websites put forward for critique. Absolutely shocking!
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Tim, if they don't appreciate you taking the time out to try and help them by sharing what you've learnt, then it's simple, don't waste your time with them! I learnt this a long time ago, you can try and help and make suggestions, but if the person just wants to hear how "great" their site is then they'll just get defensive and won't appreciate your help.

Save your time on forums for people who appreciate the help, and in turn you'll get their help if/when you need it :up:

I stopped using Shell LiveWIRE a long time ago, as they just didn't act on any of the suggestions the members had been putting forward, year after year the place just stayed the same.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

Some of the coding standards are pathetic! Then, you make a suggestion and they comment back to you like 'do you really think I want to do that?'

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yep, better leaving them to it, all they want to hear is 'your site looks great, what a brilliant design, I hope it goes well' they don't want to hear constructive criticism, as I said I wouldn't waste your time with those kinds of posts.
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah :D thanks Greg.
  8. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Shell-Livewire use to be amazing. Until I stopped I had been using it for 5 years and it did use to be fully of genuine young business people. It helpped me massively when I started up Rebelo.

Overtime it just seems to have died off.