Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings to my Fellow Designers

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Gianluca Teti, May 4, 2013.

1. Gianluca Teti

Gianluca Teti Member

Hello there,
    Before introducing myself I wanted to give my compliments to the forum. As many others recently, I joined the community because I read of the competition. However, as soon as I started digging into the forum's topics, I had a pleasant feeling of "old-fashioned" management. I am talking about those forums which were popular at the end of the 90's and early 2000's, with their welcoming behavior. It was the time when you could go off-topic without being humiliated by the entire community. I am glad to see that - in the era of social networks - something like this still exists and works greatly.
    As for me, I am a web and graphic designer living in New York City. My professional path has been unusual. I started from the Internet years ago. From there, it has been a gradual but constant shift towards design. Even though I have kept dealing with web development for all this time, I have always been concerned with graphical aspects of projects. When I moved to the States in 2011, I developed a strong interest in print design and visual identity. I don't think I will completely leave one road (the web) for the other, but challenging myself with both aspects of design contributes in giving me a broader view of the subject.
    I hope I will find the time to dedicate to this nice community and give something to it!
  2. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Welcome to the Forums :)
  3. welcome to the forum
  4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Welcome along Gianluca, hope you stay about!
  5. Thank you for the glowing review! It's nice to hear when people genuinely like what we've got here :) If/when we get round to doing more promotions for DF, I'll remember this thread for quote purposes ;)
    I really hope you continue enjoying the forums, there's a lot to get out of membership here, glad to have you on board!