• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Greetings to my Fellow Designers

Hello there,
Before introducing myself I wanted to give my compliments to the forum. As many others recently, I joined the community because I read of the competition. However, as soon as I started digging into the forum's topics, I had a pleasant feeling of "old-fashioned" management. I am talking about those forums which were popular at the end of the 90's and early 2000's, with their welcoming behavior. It was the time when you could go off-topic without being humiliated by the entire community. I am glad to see that - in the era of social networks - something like this still exists and works greatly.
As for me, I am a web and graphic designer living in New York City. My professional path has been unusual. I started from the Internet years ago. From there, it has been a gradual but constant shift towards design. Even though I have kept dealing with web development for all this time, I have always been concerned with graphical aspects of projects. When I moved to the States in 2011, I developed a strong interest in print design and visual identity. I don't think I will completely leave one road (the web) for the other, but challenging myself with both aspects of design contributes in giving me a broader view of the subject.
I hope I will find the time to dedicate to this nice community and give something to it!

Gianluca Teti said:
Hello there,
Before introducing myself I wanted to give my compliments to the forum. As many others recently, I joined the community because I read of the competition. However, as soon as I started digging into the forum's topics, I had a pleasant feeling of "old-fashioned" management. I am talking about those forums which were popular at the end of the 90's and early 2000's, with their welcoming behavior. It was the time when you could go off-topic without being humiliated by the entire community. I am glad to see that - in the era of social networks - something like this still exists and works greatly.
As for me, I am a web and graphic designer living in New York City. My professional path has been unusual. I started from the Internet in 2002, when websites were still made with HTML tables and people had dial-up connections at home. From there, it has been a gradual but constant shift towards design. Even though I have kept dealing with web development for all this time, I have always been concerned with graphical aspects of projects. When I moved to the States in 2011, I developed a strong interest in print design and visual identity. I don't think I will completely leave one road (the web) for the other, but challenging myself with both aspects of design contributes in giving me a broader view of the subject, and therefore in completing me as a professional.
I hope I will find the time to dedicate to this nice community and give something to it!
Welcome to the Forums :)

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Thank you for the glowing review! It's nice to hear when people genuinely like what we've got here :) If/when we get round to doing more promotions for DF, I'll remember this thread for quote purposes ;)
I really hope you continue enjoying the forums, there's a lot to get out of membership here, glad to have you on board!