Great printed Portfolio Book Offer

berry

One of my clients Photo Books from FlashBangBook - Create Photobooks From £5.99 does online hard cover printed books, which are ideal for portfolios. I thought I would try it have just got one done for the agency, and I have to say the print quality is excellent. It is A3 landscape, @ 36 pages and it cost £55.00. Pages are uploaded as jpegs or you could use template design pages. As i used type on my pages I did full page jpegs.
I would really recommend this route as a better alternative to a case portfolio.

140gthy.jpg

2j1wlrb.jpg

That looks very smart indeed, nice job. Would be interested myself if my portfolio was a bit more sleek!

Excellent stuff!
Thanks for sharing. I'm planning to go down this route for a re-vamped portfolio.

I'll make a note of the address!

Looks great, just one little thing, the header says from £5.99 while the cheapest on site is £15.99. I assume it's a typo but it might need fixing :)

And that might work well for me as a way to show different 'lighting' effects etc.....hmmm

Levi said:
Looks great, just one little thing, the header says from £5.99 while the cheapest on site is £15.99. I assume it's a typo but it might need fixing :)

And that might work well for me as a way to show different 'lighting' effects etc.....hmmm

"ill check this out, maybe a typo - Content managed website so it may be the client....
I have to say it's been a long while since i was impressed by any product/client/service etc. But the end result is absolutley excellent........Not often I'm a happy bunny!!

They look good, but don't think they'd suit me, I like to mix things up with my portfolio case to try and take relevant work along, whilst it's nice having it in a printed book, I still like the ability to pass work round in separate folders and chop & change my portfolio. At that cost I wouldn't be able to redo it very often, so think the additional outlay on a decent folio box (photographers style) has been worth it :)

They do look awesome, especially berry's example, I can imagine they're brilliant for illustrators.

But as above, I love the idea of them but change up/add new work far too often.

Great idea for some personal projects though hmm!

Hi All,

Anyone know if this site is still going? I can't seem to connect to it. I'd quite like to put a few books together and from what I remember this is the best site for it.

There are many companies that offer this service, along with the jpeg image placement software. I placed an order on Jessops for a photo booklet last week, I'll be collecting it on Monday (You can get free delivery to any Jessops store) so I'll let you know what it's like.

I'm awaiting delivery of an order from Lulu.com tomorrow, I'll let you know what the quality's like!

Spam aside, I had forgotten about this thread.

The booklet I received from Jessops was of good quality, the only downside was that it had a small amount of their branding on the back page. So if, like me, you worry about people thinking you're charging them for something they can do themselves then it may not be the best option.

Back