Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gravure Printing Problems

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by seshagiri, Oct 6, 2011.

1. seshagiri

seshagiri Junior Member

HI,

i'm new to DF. I'm a graphic designer with 10 years of experience (especially in book publishing). I started my freelancing works from last couple years.

Now, i agreed for a company to design for their products (Bakery Products). I'm designing for a bread cover which is packed in a transparent plastic bag, The company logo and some graphic design prints on it. The problem is plastic bags prints on GRAVURE Machine, but i don't have much knowledge how to prepare a design for gravure printing. Please, give me suggestion with your experience.

Thank You.

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

can't help much with the problem but I thought this was going to be about the Japanese "gravure" models......

3. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Same as litho print really, just high speed and roll fed. You need to check how many colours your printer's press is. Set artwork up as cmyk plus specials if required depending on their press. 300dpi.

Speak to your printer. :D

4. seshagiri

seshagiri Junior Member

HI,

Thanks for your reply. I wanna use to create design with adobe illustrator. in AI how to create a color separations
    with a spot color and can i use any spot color?

5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Yes, just set the document up as CMYK, set a spot colour as you would for a litho job and the print company will do all the separations for you.

6. seshagiri

seshagiri Junior Member

Thank You