Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphics tablet

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by TomStutt, Oct 29, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hi all

Got my graphics tablet for my birthday yesterday. Its a fun thing to play about with, but some serious learning this weekend on how to use it to its full potential.

also got a new all in one printer. not set it up yet.
  2. designium

designium Member

Great, new tool, congrats for your birthday :D
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Happy Birthday....wot type did the birthday bunny bring you?
  4. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

the bamboo a5 size. nothing too fancy. maybe when im a graphic tablet guru then il get a bigger one.
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

They are hard to use. I use a Wacom 3 a4 table. I have all the accessories but it is really hard to use, never got to grips with it.
  6. used to have an A3 tablet years ago (got it through my old Workplace in NZ) used it for about 3 months then chucked it.. was far too large LOL :)
  7. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

I use my tablet everyday, its a Wacom Intuos 3 a4 size.

Takes a little time to get used to, but once you have set it up how you like it, for things like photo retouching, illustration / line work its very useful. Depends what sort of work you do really, but I recommend it.
  8. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Same one as mine mate, do you give any tips on how to use it lol?
  9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I had an old graphire when I was at uni which was tiny, went and bought an intuos 3 A5 wide a few years back.

Once you get to grips with it's fairly simple to work with but then I did just take my mouse out of the equation and forced myself to work with the pen.

Now I just wish that someone would sort out a way for the device to automatically change to a marker/airbrush type pen when I use it.

Next thing for me is to try and get to grips with using it in 3ds max :)
  10. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

Customize the buttons that you use the most, I have shift / alt / undo / delete on the right (I'm left handed) I use the strip on the left to zoom in/out and have disabled the click function on the pen,

Really you just need to experiment, like I said it depends what your working on, I still use my mouse for layout in InDesign, but mostly use the tablet for Illustrator / Photoshop.

Personal preference though, some people plain just don't like them!
  11. Becky

Becky Member

Nice birthday presents, I looooooooove my old faithful a4 digitizer they take a little time to get used to, but it's worth the effort :)