Graphical Timeline

davewill

Im working on a project at the moment where I have to design a timeline to show the career highlights of Ryan Giggs, has anyone seen any really well designed timeline on the net, in a museum, etc that I could use for reference? Im trying to avoid a dull and boring standard timeline visual and I could do with some ideas!
________
CockSuckingChallenge

thanks for that matt, I was just on flickr having a mooch around, its always a good place to spark off ideas I find! those 2 links are excellent, thanks v.much! the budget doesnt really permit buying books, but im gona hunt out mr.tufte's books anyway just for my own reference.
________
Paradise Park Jomtien

thats pretty cool onartis!

the more im researching into my brief, the more I think it would suit a pictoral timeline rather than a graphical one, maybe using sepia images or a luminosity/overlay effect on the shots in photoshop. I just cant seem to find any good reference for this kind of well designed timeline. I want the images to run in chronological order, all of the same height and aligned top and bottom, but maybe flowing like a ribbon or swirl to give the image some dynamism and interest.

any ideas anyone?!?
________
VIRGINPUSSY cam

Have you tried all the big brands yet like coca cola etc they might have a decent timeline on their websites.

Doing the same project over over here across the pond. Looking at doing something graphical myself Dave. Just followed you on blogspot, you can look at my student blog from there Dave.

Back