Graphic Tablets

Coul anyone recommend a good graphics tablet? I don't want to spend much more than £60 so my choice I'm sure is limited.

I've just discovered this
Trust Slimline Widescreen Graphics Tablet | Very.co.uk

and

WACOM CTL-470K-EN Bamboo Pen and Graphics Tablet - Black and Green buy online | Currys

I will hopefully get these somewhere else cheaper (amazon or the like) but wondered if anyone has used either of them before. The bamboo listing doesnt list the size which is annoying! My buy myself it as a Christmas present which then hopefully in turn will spur me on to learn more and do more!

Thanks in advance!

I have a Trust one I bought a couple of years ago. It's not bad for the price I paid (about £60 - £70) and I opted for that over a Bamboo because I wanted a larger surface area, though it turned out to be A5 size, not A4 as claimed.

There can be a little lag when you're doing anything in a large scale, though this could be my system/software. The Bamboo's probably better technology, but I can't be doing with an A6 working area.

Maybe take a trip to PC World (shudder) and see if they have any out on display to try?

Bamboo is a better tablet! I love Wacom's tools much more than Trust, had both and Wacom definately over rule :)

Just got myself a Bamboo and you get £5 off if you’re a new customer on their website so it came to £44.99 which seemed to be pretty much the best price I could find at the moment.

Wacom eStore

Thanks guys! I'll plan to get myself one in the next few months...spent far to much at christmas so need to wait untill I get back on track money wise before I buy one. But looks like Bamboo is the way to go...just a shame its so small :(

I'll be back asking a load of questions on how to use it and set it up...so be prepared lol!

Cheers,

I've never ever used a graphics tablet and this thread has really made me fancy one. Might have to buy a Bamboo and see how I get on with it.

Bamboo for me too, it's really good for a lefty like me as I use the mouse (always have) with my right hand and the tablet with my left to draw, stopped my RSI too:)

I've got the Wacom Bamboo, my partner bought it for my birthday a couple of years ago and I love it, I just don't use it as much as I should :/

Back