• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Graphic Designer v Client

wac

They showed this to us during our first week of University. The trouble is, I find myself saying things like 'there will probably be more work down the line' to other subcontractors...and I don't always mean it.

scotty

I've just had the week and a half from hell trying to get 3D Modelers to understand the concept of bloody "BLEED"! :(

Levi

Staff member
scotty said:
I've just had the week and a half from hell trying to get 3D Modelers to understand the concept of bloody "BLEED"! :(
are they that dumb..... I know I don't deal with printing a lot but thats kind of fundamental to producing images... mind you I always have a little extra 'scene' so I can crop if needed anyway.
If they are that dumb... just tell them to 'zoom out' by 5-10% and supply the same image at a slightly higher res or if it's not character animation etc get in touch with me :p

scotty

It was for a 3D render of a personalised product with a label that required bleed (in the back end) for the printer.
They just couldn't get it even though I explained it over the phone and sent a "so you're five years old. Here's an introduction to bleed" e-mail.
I have honestly lost over a week on it and six months off my life span.
I should move this to the "FFS" thread.
FFS!

Levi

Staff member
If you get that issue again, pm me and I'll try and tell you what to tell them so they might understand :)