Graphic design Trends - Minimalism - Posters

marciecbr

Hello there,

Ive been given an assignment to complete. The question:

The what extent is contempory graphic design influenced by previous design movements?

What i have to do: Find 2 posters on new(contempory) and one old and show how the newer of the two is influenced.
Now ive found this poster by premedito
Minimalist Snatch Poster by ~premedito on deviantART

Comments on the origins of this minimalistic design would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Minimalist_Snatch_Poster_by_premedito.jpg
    Minimalist_Snatch_Poster_by_premedito.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 18
Comments on the origins of this minimalistic design would be appreciated.

So... you're asking us to do you're homework for you? hmmm......

You could make life easy and choose a David Carson poster then look for a modern deconstructed/distressed poster for a direct comparison because the world and his flipping wife have copied 'been inspired by' Carson.

Hi Bigdave, Not entirely - Ive been encouraged to get myself on to online forums to get information, others opinions and such.
Thank you for the Carson idea.
So david carson has inspired this experimental typography trend?
So did carson create a movement? if so does it have a name?
Thank you bigdave.

Which is just another example of inspiring designers being inspired by inspiring designers. ;)

Do you think i would be able to draw comparisons between the minimalsit look that is current with the futurism movement?
moby minimal.jpgPrinted%20Matter%20-%20Book%20Cover%20-%20Blast%201915.jpg

Do you think i would be able to draw comparisons between the minimalsit look that is current with the futurism movement?

Perhaps look at constructivism more if you want to link to minimalism. Constructivism is when graphic design as we know it first started to come about. It was also a prominent influence on the Bauhaus, which gave us the idea of 'form following function', or the idea that extra decoration that served no purpose wasn't needed, which is essentially minimalism.

yeah, Not entirely - Ive been encouraged to get myself on to online forums to get information, others opinions and such.
4.gif

Back