Graphic Design in multimedia?

Magic

Hi all, I am in my final year of Interactive media design and due to submit my final year project proposal soon. Outside of college I am very interested in Graphic design (Photoshop, illustrator, digital art etc) and was thinking that it might be interesting to combine the two for the project. I have a couple of small ideas myself but would like to throw it out to the world to see if anybody has any ideas or interesting angles on this.
We covered a lot of Interface design theory and Graphical interface theory, also usability theory and marketing. Also we covered a lot on web development, (but this was more systems and programming based). As I said my big interest is in Graphic design and would love to propose a project that’s more design based as opposed to development, so hoping against hope someone might have an interesting suggestion :)

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanx

Kim

Hi there,
Surely graphic design should be a fundamental part of your course rather than being some kind of obscure thing to introduce to it as you seem to be suggesting?

What do you mean by "Graphic design (Photoshop, illustrator, digital art etc)" ?
Graphic design is the principle of communicating visually. Photoshop, illustrator etc are a few possible tools you could use to do this, rather than the principle its self. I dont mean to sound patronising pointing this out...

Magic said:
I have a couple of small ideas myself but would like to throw it out to the world to see if anybody has any ideas or interesting angles on this.

lol, yeah right.... first post on forum and is basically asking us for ideas before putting any out there themselves...

Sorry but we're not that daft :rolleyes:

Back