Graduate Graphic Designer looking for Work Experience

sarah_a

Hi,

I am a student at the moment studying graphic communications and am looking for some work experience. I haven't been given any information on where to go to find any.

Does anyone know where I could started out or if anyone could do with a graduate Graphic Designer?

Am living around newcastle so I would like to work in a placement somewhere around the North East.

Thank you for your time

Sarah:icon_smile:

wow thank you so much. I have been trying to find information or places that have openings for a few months now.

Thank you

Sarah :icon_smile:

I have contacted a member who may be able to help, sure he will be in touch if he can. In the meantime I would get on the phone and ask a few companies local to you...

Tyne and Wear Graphic Designers Tyne and Wear Graphic Agencies

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Thanks for that link - Its found businesses in my area up in Aberdeen that yell etc never did. Very handy.

Yea Sarah best way is to email/phone around. Last year I did that just to see if I got any responses now that I was working for someone rather than still at university. Even if the replies you get are saying they aren't looking for anyone, they will often tell you what they look for etc and gives you a heads up for trying other companies.

Hi geebs2006,

Thanx i just seem to be stuck right now, i am itching to get into work and start building my name up
i just dont seen to be able to get a break lol

Thank you for your time and help tho :icon_smile:

Sarah

Have you got an online portfolio or anything even with just personal work that could be shown to people you try contacting? If not then maybe look into getting one set up as it will give you a big boost.

Not at the moment no, i am trying to build myself one. I just trying to figure out the
best way to do that lol I am having a hard time building it really.

Thank you for all your help :icon_smile:

Hey David,

Thank you, that's amazing :icon_biggrin:

wow, wish i had came here to you guys first lol

Sarah

Not sure it its too late to respond to this one but there are a few posts like it. I know a company called Creative Protege Ltd that is helping grads looking for work experience.

Otherwise, i would say you need to be really pro-active and get your profile, CV and work samples in front of as many employers as possible. It will be a great experience for you anyway - think of it as a marketing campaign but you are the product....

I'm in the same boat!!

I'm desperately trying to find employment or placement. Just keep getting rejections, tearing my hair out now!

How much work experience do you have?

Heidi

I dont have any studio experience yet, I am itching to get in there I am so excited to get into a studio.
I have so long finished my degree so I am hunting places down but I just keep getting "we are full right now but we will keep you in mind" from near enough everyone lol

What about you?

Yeah i'm the same, really really keen to just get into design work somewhere, somehow.

I graduated last September, I've had in total only about 2-3months work experience, which was un paid. At the time I was living in rented accomodation and couldn't afford to stay with them and had to get a crappy job that took up all my time. :icon_blushing:

Now i'm living back with my folks and on the hunt again but even now it would seem that I need to get more experience and on the side have yet another crappy part time job....it really sucks this. I just want my design job, want to be creative again!

It's really a tough businees and tough world and the damn ecomomy right now isn't helping one bit!!!

Back