Graduate Graphic Designer looking for Work Experience

I'm in the same boat!!

I'm desperately trying to find employment or placement. Just keep getting rejections, tearing my hair out now!

How much work experience do you have?

Heidi

Hi Heidi

I can help. I am looking for someone to help me on DVD covers, flyers and design for web work. Are you up for it?

If we can build a good working relation, it will lead to paid work quite often.

Also there is no need to travel, as we can send work files across.

Please send me some of your work and lets talk.

[email protected]

hey gus,

wow thank you, I have emailed you with my details. I look forward to hearing from you :icon_biggrin:

Web Designers Needed!

Hi all, my name is Aaron Amuzie and I am the CEO of Orbiis.

Orbiis.com is a new and fresh online news magazine, bringing the world fresh and innovative columns and blogs on world news, finance and business, and world politics. I have recently created this new website and already, pitching the concept to colossal finance and business companies such as Goldman Sachs and investors, have received extremely positive feedback.

Now, having family who are students both starting out and finishing uni I know how hard it is to find work even for the brightest of students. As a result I have taken the time and written on this forum. I am currently looking for a university web design student to work within my business as a head web designer, which is forecasted to make a £30,000 profit by the end of this financial year alone, through advertising and other means. I am extremely eager to hear from those who are interested in this internship. If this does appeal to someone like yourself then feel free to email me on: [email protected] and we can discuss the opportunity further in much more detail.

Thank you for your time and take care.

Whilst the above post is an extremely positive and generous one, I would be concerned for both employer and employee in this situation.

The idea of internships and work placements are for students/new grads to gain experience from seasoned professionals in a work environment. Usually, attendees are of little or no real benefit to the company in the short term as they need constant supervision and guidance. It's for this reason that a company shouldn't be taking someone with no real experience and placing them in a position of absolute responsibility. The only way a situation like that will end, is badly!

Please don't think I'm being negative as I'm not, I'm simply being realistic. A job role that would normally carry a salary of £30-40k is not the ideal unpaid position for a student, just as a student is not the ideal candidate for a position that requires years of experience.

Back