Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gordon Ramsay's Shark Bait

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

2. Yeah I watched it Greg. I was surprised by some of the content, and not surprised by others.

However, the de-finning video on the ship's deck was horrific and I did actually feel sick, and I am not usually shocked by much these days.

The barbaric treatment of the animals purely for monetary gain with no remorse is unbelievable. It's extremely sad to see and will take a while before eating habits and traditions change. I'm afraid that the endangered types will be extinct by then.

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah the video you mentioned was by far the worst part & same feeling for me.
    I think communicating the message of why it should stop to a culture where it's seen as a status symbol and part of tradition, as you said, will be a huge challenge, they need a Gordon Ramsay equivalent in each of the countries to raise the Shark Trusts campaigns profile I guess?

4. I have no idea how you change such an ingrained behaviour. It will only change with new generations and continued campaigning pressure, much like smoking is being suppressed in the UK. With each generation it becomes increasingly unattractive, but with so many rich and powerful businessmen involved it will be a huge task.

Really, really sad.

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yes it's really sad, and with the rate they're being fished it might cause their extinction before any campaign stands a chance :(

6. berry

berry Active Member

I saw it and thought it was well put together.

I would suggest you see the Cove about the killing of dolphins in a secluded cove in Japan.

The Cove Movie: Welcome

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Remember you discussing that one before Berry, will definitely check it out!

8. Adam

Adam Senior Member

The Cove is an amazing documentary, scary that this sort of thing is allowed to go on still!

9. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode of South Park where the Japanese's killing of dolphins and whales was explained by revealing that they were tricked into believing it was a dolphin and a whale that bombed Hiroshima using this doctored photo:
    [​IMG]

10. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Was meaning to watch this mate, good reminder. I shall watch this tonight why I carry on with some client work :D cheers!

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

No problem, although don't think you'll get much work done whilst watching it, pretty captivating viewing.

12. Josella Caci

Josella Caci Member

oh this was sad :(
    poor sharks
    x