GoPro attached to an American football

solopressuk

Saw this article this morning about some guys who attached a GoPro to an American football that uses software to produce a video, which tracks the ball's movement across the field: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2286091/The-incredible-ball-cam-video-change-way-watch-sport.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
I was quite impressed and thought it might be transferable to other sports but what do you think?
I know that with AF the ball has to be spun to travel so it can film this movement whereas in other sports the ball might sometimes remain fairly static so this software might possible not work.

Ha! Yeh these are pretty mind-boggling. Wondering what kind of videos people are going to create once Google's Project Glass comes into fruition.

solopressuk said:
Ha! Yeh these are pretty mind-boggling. Wondering what kind of videos people are going to create once Google's Project Glass comes into fruition.
I can't even begin to imagine, but it'll be amazing!

With that GoPro on a sword video, I wish they had another camera filming them from a different angle, cause it's a little difficult to see what they're actually doing.

I've seen a few guys at my old rink with Go Pros attached to their hockey helmets during stick and puck practice.

Back