Google+ ?

GilmoreVisuals

Anyone have any invites/news/tips about the new social network released 3 days ago?

(if you havn't heard then watch this video)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnJ5Bl4kLI[/YOUTUBE]

only that only a few people have it added to their accounts as yet.

Me I'm skeptical of how well they will do anyway......this is the 3rd attempt now right

I don't think facebook is enough of a mess yet for people to want to switch!

Myspace was a mess, facebook wasn't.

halfbuiltrobot said:
only that only a few people have it added to their accounts as yet.

Me I'm skeptical of how well they will do anyway......this is the 3rd attempt now right

second as far as I know and in my view wave was misunderstood/ahead of it's time :)

They may do alright as well as Facebook is becoming uncool now supposedly as all the parent's are joining up lol

I'm still waiting on my invite for it though, never really bothered with facebook but this just looks pretty :)

This looks interesting, it looks like they are putting a lot more steam behind it then they did with the iGoogle social features. However the features they mention in the vid aren't exactly revolutionary. I would fathom that the success of this venture will rely heavily on how well it's integrated with the Android OS.

wac said:
integrated with the Android OS.
Already an app out from google and I suspect it will be an integral part of ice cream sandwich although Google has said they're trying to separate their apps from the core os to enable easier updates etc so it may remain an 'add on' app.

Don't think i'll bother with this for a while at least, too many social networks to look at already, the only one i particularly want an invite to at the moment is dribble. I joind Googlw Wave when it came out, think i logged in twice then never again...

I have an invite in my mailbox but Google isn't letting anyone in for the time being :<

Kevin said:
I have an invite in my mailbox but Google isn't letting anyone in for the time being :<

Ditto, and I'm actually quite keen to give it a rip.

I'm not sure I care. I've been thinking about it and I think it will end up being another thing I should have, but don't actually care about! I'm still using hotmail!

Back