Google SEO Starter Guide

I'm optimising for bing and yahoo as well as google :)
Doesn't really make much difference as they're all pretty much the same.

Interesting to know. In the last month, I've had 5k of hits on Canny Creative. Only 8 have been from Bing haha!

well bing and yahoo both fundamentally use the same underlying search results, yahoo does show them slightly differently though. Not to mention yahoo supposedly beat google on one of the page hits metrics in the US last month...
In terms of optimisation, it isn't really more than making sure I do compliant code etc (basically what that pdf is on about) and then submitting to their respective 'webmaster' sites.
Then it's just a case of getting the right 'back links' from other sites to help with the rankings etc
I will say that it looks like google is starting to penalise non mobile friendly sites so it's as good a time as ever to update :)

Tony Hardy said:
As nobody's optimising for Bing anyway, thought it would be a good idea to share the Google SEO Starter Guide. A lot of people seem to have some very basic questions about SEO and thought that this would be a good a place as any for them to start;
http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.co.uk/en/uk/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
Man first thanks for the share. Let me tell you BIng is the most poweful and oldest search engine then the Google. If you are having good ranking on Google then your website automatically would have good rank on Bing. Their is only one way to optimize the website.
It depends on the craweler of the search engine when they will come to your website. You need to keep updated the content of your website. If you did then your website would have good rank on Google and BIng as well.

um no... google was 1998, bing was 2009... bings previous incarnations were formed around 1998 so at most they're the same sort of age. Altavista is older and I can even remember using it.... man I feel old lol
And it doesn't automatically follow that both bing and google will have good ranking, just ask that music site (forgotten name and can't find the article :() that set about doing bad seo practices to get more back links, it's still ranks 1 on bing but iirc is page 5 on google :)

Levi said:
Doesn't really make much difference as they're all pretty much the same.
This couldn't be anymore incorrect, the algorithms of each of them are structured in so many different ways. I can highlight this in a post sometime this week.

glenwheeler said:
This couldn't be anymore incorrect, the algorithms of each of them are structured in so many different ways. I can highlight this in a post sometime this week.
I meant in generalised 'good practice' terms and in reference to the original pdf... as you would have seen from the post a little further down.
But yes at an algorithm level they are going to be different, especially considering how often google changes theirs and the fact they now penalise 'bad back link practices', seo is after all a constantly evolving and changing landscape .

I think its appropriate to consider all search engines. BUT the majority of people tend to use Google. Thanks for the guide too.

google is the best... i noticed that 95% traffice comes from google, yahoo and bing only 5% gives the traffice. So most of the people seo for google not for other search engines.

SEO first of all keyword research google adword to keyword planner throw then onpage optimization then off page optimization means backlink building and traffic generate check daily backlinkwatch.com site better for use check rank.

Back