Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google OS

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chris1791, Jul 8, 2009.

1. chris1791

chris1791 Member

2. yeah I read about this too.. I wonder whether it will be as good as Chrome.. :)

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I wonder how compatable it will be...
    This I look forward to

4. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Great news! I really hope they're successful with it. We need more alternatives to Windows on the PC platform.

5. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Very interesting.

Especially this bit:

"We are completely redesigning the underlying security architecture of the OS so that users don't have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates.

6. tim

tim Senior Member

so everything pc didn't do then?

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Haha, good effort Gary :p

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Haha psychic Gary! But your premonition may still be right... they may go through versions and versions of Chrome OS and then decide on a rebrand under the name Gooster 1.0 :D

Will be interesting to see how new this OS is going to be, after all the promises of the Chrome browser I felt like that fell a little short of the promises/hype?

10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Chrome's my main browser now, with Firefox just used for Web Developing. I think they've done very well with it.

11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Exactly, that's what I was insinuating in the first place :p

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I saw this on tv earlier, they were talking about it in comparison to the android/G1 OS.

I really don't see how this can be a bad thing, I am never going to get a PC ever again, but it's nice to know that there is a chance that someone might be able to give microsoft a run for their money and lets face facts google have the money!

13. tim

tim Senior Member

seconded. ^

14. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

google will fail with OS just as microsoft failed with the web and zune :clap:

google should stick to their web and may be go into mobile OS. Don't mess with microsoft because only Apple can compete with microsoft.

i don't know why everybody hate microsoft so much....................remember folks that they brought computers to every home!

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

microsoft have become like an alcoholic war veteran, you know they did something good once, but there actions since have made it hard to care about their achievements!

16. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

just like America hun! but nobody can still f**k with them though!

17. tim

tim Senior Member

they were useful?

to be honest i don't really care.

i doubt they'll have thought about money after changing the world looks at computering.

18. microsoft were useful :) just a bit outdated... even with Windows 7 it still won't be in with "the cool crowd" they are the Accountants of the computer world :p Google and Apple are the Surfers of the computer world :p

Just my opinion..

Still Google OS looks to me like a good idea.. some healthy competition :)

19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i am always one to say that there are good things about something when they exist.

and you know what, microsoft have done some amazing things, I remember the first time i used windows after years of DOS confusion, it was great, things just made alot more sense. Did anyone else hate having to trawl through file structures and know all the commands to move a bloody file!!! The GUI element was a real godsend.

But there is no denying it, the fact that they release a version of a OS that they know has faults in it is pretty rubbish. This has been their standard practice since windows 95, dont even get me started on ME! There are fairly reliable version of XP out there, sadly there doesn't seem to be a reliable version of vista!

I think the fact that with 2 and a bit years of the launch of vista betas of a new OS being around says alot about vista and the public reaction to it!

I could go on about this for weeks and weeks, microsoft dominate the PC computer market, end of. But as a target audience do they really care about us? I don't think so, as long as they keep getting licensed onto every PC to leave PC world, currys, dixons....why should they?

We are a techno savy group who demand alot from our machines, so we spend money and get good shit. I have always wondered what posses someone who wants to write a few essays and send some emails to spend 1k+ on an all singing all dancing mac!

The best possible outcome of the Google OS will be competition, competition makes people work harder. Microsoft tried to create an OSX vibe with vista and failed misserably, but i'll bet there are some people out there who think its brilliant, I can not wait to meet them! Perhaps if the Google OS is basic, user friendly and familiar, it will act as an alternative where there wasn't really one before. Linux must be terrifying to a technophobe!

20. Elekate

Elekate Member

Microsoft have been going for years, but keep coming up with the same old structure, just slightly different.

I use Google Chrome as a default browser and it would be nice for a change to see something totally different compared to what Microsoft bring.I think Google will give the operating system a simple clean look and according to Google less work for us regarding anti virus:

"We are completely redesigning the underlying security architecture of the OS so that users don't have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates"

Let's just hope it is good, when it comes out :)