Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google: "Did you mean this instead?"

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jimlad, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Everyone's familiar with Google saying that, especially if you've misspelt your search terms. But I did a little search just now and the resulting query from Google made me laugh!

[​IMG]

No. No, Google. I ruddy well did not mean that. At all.

2. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Nice! Thinking Google might be a little biased maybe? Got a good laugh from it too.:D

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

well we all know how mac users get confused about the fact they're actually using pc's but as per usual they forget :p :rolleyes:

a pc is a personal computer
    a mac is a personal computer so is a pc

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

God damn you sir....my Mac is NOT a PC!!!

...ahem I know wot you mean though.

5. tim

tim Senior Member

im pretty sure charles said that like, yesterday ;)

6. Thewholehogg

Yer, but he had to 'restart'....that's IT speak.

On a PC why do you need to go to the START button to turn it off?

Just wondering like...

7. tim

tim Senior Member

<gooone>

8. Thewholehogg

9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Is Tim adopting a geordie accent? he uses "Like" at the ends of his sentences now and again..

Am guessing your a geordie Typo?...lol

10. Levi

I haven't got a start button, I've got an 'windows' orb (have done since vista). I assume its the logic of you have to start a process to shut down.

It was even stranger that as default vista had sleep as its shutdown option unless you went and changed it :rolleyes:

Even I'm interested to see what they release - I still say it's likely to be new macbook pro's and maybe a new mac pro option (dual hex cores etc). Maybe even a new iphone to annoy new owners :clap:

If there is a tablet I may buy it if it's cheaper than a decent netbook (ie sub 300) which has a full os unlike the rumour of os-x iphone type on the tablet. Still hope they add a pressure pen and a version of photoshop etc comes out if it's made

11. tim

tim Senior Member

<gooone>

12. Levi

macbook pro's will be updated to i5/i7 cpu's either on wednesday or within a few weeks, it's a natural update - more performace same at power draw. I would also guess with updated nvidia gpu's (they've got an announcement in a few days later iirc)

13. tim

tim Senior Member

i disagree but "there's nothing new there..." :p

14. Thewholehogg

Hell yes kidda....:D

15. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

You used to be able to type in "[insert hated football team] doesnt suck" and it would ask if you meant "[insert hated football team does suck"

I didn't try it myself but I've seen a jpeg and I don't think it was fake.