• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Google: "Did you mean this instead?"

Jimlad

Everyone's familiar with Google saying that, especially if you've misspelt your search terms. But I did a little search just now and the resulting query from Google made me laugh!

No. No, Google. I ruddy well did not mean that. At all.

Levi

Staff member
well we all know how mac users get confused about the fact they're actually using pc's but as per usual they forget :p :rolleyes:

a pc is a personal computer
a mac is a personal computer so is a pc

Levi

Staff member
Typo said:
Yer, but he had to 'restart'....that's IT speak.

On a PC why do you need to go to the START button to turn it off?

Just wondering like...
I haven't got a start button, I've got an 'windows' orb (have done since vista). I assume its the logic of you have to start a process to shut down.

It was even stranger that as default vista had sleep as its shutdown option unless you went and changed it :rolleyes:

tim said:
oh btw typo you know i was gonna go to london on 27th for no reason at all to do with anything that might be slightly related to anything even 49.5% important?
Even I'm interested to see what they release - I still say it's likely to be new macbook pro's and maybe a new mac pro option (dual hex cores etc). Maybe even a new iphone to annoy new owners :clap:

If there is a tablet I may buy it if it's cheaper than a decent netbook (ie sub 300) which has a full os unlike the rumour of os-x iphone type on the tablet. Still hope they add a pressure pen and a version of photoshop etc comes out if it's made

Levi

Staff member
macbook pro's will be updated to i5/i7 cpu's either on wednesday or within a few weeks, it's a natural update - more performace same at power draw. I would also guess with updated nvidia gpu's (they've got an announcement in a few days later iirc)

tim

Levi said:
macbook pro's will be updated to i5/i7 cpu's either on wednesday or within a few weeks, it's a natural update - more performace same at power draw. I would also guess with updated nvidia gpu's (they've got an announcement in a few days later iirc)
i disagree but "there's nothing new there..." :p

Kevin

You used to be able to type in "[insert hated football team] doesnt suck" and it would ask if you meant "[insert hated football team does suck"

I didn't try it myself but I've seen a jpeg and I don't think it was fake.