Google Chrome Issues

berry

Just installed Google Chrome and I've had nothing bit issue with Chrome crashing, and it somehow affecting my Safari by turning bookmarked pages into gooblegook?All my bookmarked avatars have changed and Safari is on go slow. Is this and issue with Chrome?

Sounds like you've a Mac, I'm on PC and Chrome is great for me (I don't use Safari or have it installed).
I use the extension called 'Neat bookmarks' which is pretty good.

I don't use Chrome, I'll stick with my friendly open source Firefox any day! :)

Berry how old is your Mac? As you seem to be having a cacophony of problems at the moment. If there are multiple problems you might need to reinstall the OS and start again (did that recently on my 2004 MBP took flipping ages!).

Now if you used windows you wouldn't have had the conflict between safari and chrome :p

Safari isn't available for windows anymore - thank goodness, it was dreadful

chrome on OSX is pretty poor nowadays - very bloated software, seems they're rushing to release updates everytime they think they have a great new idea.

it also tries to interrupt half the features Safari 6 introduced by redirecting them to chrome for web based tasks instead. pretty cheeky, but also really sh*ttily pulled off.

chrome and safari run on the same webkit engine, so there really isnt any speed difference between the two apps.

google chrome is good if most of your services are run by google. if not? stick with safari 6.

Not really sure what to suggest here. There's always a problem here and there but surprisingly on my latest OS iMac I'm not getting any issues. Firefox was always bugging up recently on my Macbook but has been pretty decent on the iMac (Even though I've now moved to chrome for main web browsing. Firefox is still my browser of choice for design & development). For the moment no browsers seem to be playing up.

As suggested previously a reinstall usually fixes a lot of problems, used to work wonders on Windows, but I can only assume reinstalls help clear up Mac as well.

Tim - "chrome on OSX is pretty poor nowadays" Really?

Chrome is the most slick IMO. It's least RAM heavy too. It's a pretty incredible browser. Safari IMO is dreadful to develop in. I'm with Chrome any day.

I'd maybe try to reinstall Chrome Berry. If that doesn't work then i'm not sure what to suggest. Never come across the issue your having. You tried the googles?

Back