Google Adwords

RussellHall said:
I've not looked into conversion tracking as I assumed (maybe incorrectly) this only really works for e-commerse sites/ sites that generate direct online sales. Thanks for the update, let us know if their are any nuggets from your 'meaty' book. I need to give myself a kick to checking out the features more in depth.

Hi Russell, yes you are right, can only track conversions if buying directly from the site. Thanks for pointing that out.

I find there are some very useful features in Google Analytics, which I would advise installing on you website if any of you haven't already. Tells you unique visitor numbers, referring websites, most popular content (pages), etc etc

Greg said:
No probs Geoff, I'll try and get a new thread together with some info & tips in the next day or two :)

Thanks for this Greg and sorry that I seemed to open a can of worms here.

All I would say is definitely do your homework with Adwords before jumping in!

Adwords is quite competitive in this industry, but still effective. Make sure you track your conversions and use "exact match" to ensure you're not paying for related key phrases. Make sure you use NEGATIVE KEYWORDS like "school" "salary" "jobs" "education" so that you attract potential clients instead of people looking for jobs and schools.

Back