Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Samaritan my Arse

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Mar 24, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

I was at Sainsbury's checkout packing my stuff when the nice little grey haired old lady behind me, was in a flumox as she had come out with no money in her purse and without her cards. She apologised but asked if she could leave them behind the counter till she went came back with the money. I recognised her plight and as she only had 6 small things I offered to pay for them.( I can afford £5 ) I was abrubtly shot down and told 'You will not!" I explained I didn't want to sh*g her but was being a gentlemen. If she had a brolly she would have hit me with it. "I don't need anyone to pay for me shopping!" she shouted.I thought - you pompous old bag! You try to help someone and that's the thanks you get. Next time i see an old lady getting mugged, I'll take a photo for Flickr.
    Maybe it's a Sainsbury's thing?

So.....what have you done, that was kicked back in your face?
  2. bloody hell Berry, maybe its a Northerner thing, I used to get that sort of thing (like trying to help an old woman across a road) up in Newcastle when I was up there (a few years ago now).
  3. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

You actually helped an old woman across a road?

Was it the A1 by any chance?
  4. LOL no.. I did try to help an old woman across the road when I was freelancing up in Newcastle in 2001 (I think I would have to double check) I can't remember which road exactly, I do remember it was on my way to work and she told me not politely to "f*ck off" which I thought was absolutely lovely :)
  5. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Fight the power Berry. You should ask all the more, it'll get right under her skin.
  6. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Aw I had the opposite. I live right in the centre of Leeds and was going to meet the missus (taking her out for a meal) when a woman (fifties maybe) looking lost asked where a restaurant was. I didn't know for definite but had an idea so I offered to walk her to where I thought it was, so that a) she'd get there without my rubbish directions, and b) it was in the more suspect back end of town, not idea; for a woman to be there alone. I walked her right to the door, told her to enjoy her evening and turned up 2o mins late for the missus.

The woman was really grateful though so that made it well worth my while. People usually avoid me because I'm 6'4" and moody looking as hell. It's nice to be able to help :)
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

Wow, i never imagined you to be 6'4". Dunno why!?

But that's a pretty nice thing you did. I'd have just told them the wrong directions (not intentionally, I just suck at geography)
  8. berry

berry Active Member

...Yeh, I'm sick of people mistaking me for George Clooney.

I'm also 6'2'", go to the gym three times a week, was educated at Oxford, drive a Lamborghini, have a small retreat in the Cotswolds, love going to the threatre, have a good sense of humour, enjoy fine dining and would like to see and end to global starvation... and hung like a donkey.;)
  9. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I guess that sort of stuff only happens in the UK :cough:
  10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

You really should get that cough seen to Onartis. Try the NHS.

11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I'm assuming NHS is National Health S..... ociety?
  12. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Service. But I commend your attempt.