Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good movies to watch on 2012

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by jayfrost, Dec 27, 2011.

1. jayfrost

jayfrost Junior Member

What good movie is in store for us by 2012?
  2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Im going to go old school here and say my favourite film of all time is still Good will hunting - if you havent seen that you should do, otherwise not a lot has come out this year (2011) worth mentioning (imo).

mission impossible 3 is out in cinema now and although the first 2 are cheese I thought the 3rd was pretty epic - only thing putting my off no.4 is Sean Pegg - I dont find him funny and I dont want it to turn back into cheese.
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I am massively excited by the new Muppets film.
  4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

I'm looking forward to Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien prequel) and Dark Knight.

Also, The Hobbit later in the year.
  5. Romack

Romack Senior Member

Awww the first one was brilliant, John Woo ruined the second granted and Simon Pegg is there for one or two laughs but otherwise keeps it straight.

So yeah, Prometheus, Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises, and the two Snow White based films look like damn good fun!
  6. JamesBrentwood

JamesBrentwood Senior Member

I'll go old old school, The Third Man (1949)
    I've been wanting to see this all week for some reason!

..I don't see many new films :p
  7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I watched Mission Impossible yesterday (the 4th one) and I thought it was awful.

On the scale of Bourne to Johnny English its definately more Johnny English, which to me isn't a good thing considering I thought MI3 was a step in the right direction.
  8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I saw Sherlock Holmes 2 and it was dammed enjoyable!
  9. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I didn't even mannage 15 minutes of Sherlock Holmes 1 - thought that was crap as well lol
  10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I really have a place in my heart for something that can distract you for 2 hours (ish) and you never have to think about it again.

I go to the cinema to unplug and relax, I've seen loads of serious films this year and I would have preferred to watch them at home with food.
  11. jayfrost

jayfrost Junior Member

Great posts guys! Now I'm thinking twice if I'd still have to watch Mission Impossible.
    I'll try to watch Sherlock Holmes too. But I think for now I'll just watch The Godfather over a bowl of spaghetti and some beer.

Happy New Year y'all!
  12. jayfrost

jayfrost Junior Member

I'm looking forward to watching Prometheus! Seems cool :up:
  13. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Yeah I also watched the first 15 min of Sherlock Holmes 1 and got bored- saw the whole of the 2nd one though which was better.

Looking forward to the Hobbit this coming December...