Good Free Starter Blog - which one?

hankscorpio

Staff member
I've been involved in a community building computers and laptops for a while now.
And where it's great to help out, I find the forum isn't a great platform to give all the info I want to give.

So I was looking at starting a blog - and heard WordPress was good and free, but when I went to setup a WordPress site it is asking to bill me monthly???

What's a good freeblog to get started on?

Do they have a website/hosting already?

If yes, maybe look to see if the hosting has something like softaculous which gives installers for different blogs, I know my host does and it has things like wordpress etc.

There's also blogger from google you could look at.
Wordpress seems to be free if you leave it stock.
Tumbler is another option maybe too.

Online article with ome others to look at

I use Wordpress for my site but I have it on my own hosting and .com

Works out at £30 per year.

If all you want to do is post stuff with images and what not then it is easy to use. But if you want to fiddle with layouts and adjust every tiny detail it can be very frustrating.

It’s a bit like using a graphics application. There are hundreds of settings and functions. But once you have learned the basics it becomes far less daunting.

I just want to post recommended laptops/pcs/macs in different price ranges once a week.

So I'll be basically posting a link with an image and some text.

WP is really easy to use, especially in its basic form.
They can get a lot more complicated when you use a premium theme and there are loads of customisation options.

I find its UI is pretty similar to a lot of social media.

Hi Hankscorpio,
I am of the view that WordPress also has free versions though it has paid as well. Free versions are simple and easy as compared to premium ones that have different setup of customization. There are other sites also which offer free blogs. Look at blogger from google. I will again advise you to look for the free WordPress version first, once you find, you will enjoy working with it.

Back