Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good font to go with Engravers EF Bold?

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by p2bri, Sep 3, 2012.

1. p2bri

p2bri New Member

Hi,

I've just started working at a company where they use Engravers EF Bold as the main font across their stationary and website -

Engravers EF Bold - Desktop font « MyFonts

My problem is that they've asked me to find a font that will go well with it, but I don't really know that many, let alone one that would match it. I've been looking at list after list of them and nothing really stands out. I guess as it's quite a distinct font something a bit simpler, but would really appreciate some suggestions?

Also not sure if it's relevant but they use Arial on their website and find it a bit plain, so it would be a third font to go with that and Engravers Bold.

Thanks in advance!

Pete

2. gprovan

gprovan Member

Engravers EF Bold is pretty much a display font, so I'm presuming it's not used for body text, etc.?
    If you need something to be used for general text, I'd possibly use a contrasting simple font such as Avenir, Gill Sans, Univers or similar. You don't want to use 2 display fonts if you want to be taken seriously.

Although you haven't said what the company does, so maybe it doesn't want to be taken seriously :icon_wink:

3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

What he said, pick something clean and legible that contrasts with it. Univers is a good bet but try out a few other combinations.

4. p2bri

p2bri New Member

Thanks gprovan those look great!

We're a company that makes furniture using only British sourced wood so I think the Gill one might be easiest for me to sell, as it says it's British too. Although I think I prefer Avenir... I'll probably show them both and see what they say.

Thanks again!