Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good day...

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Dazzer21, May 5, 2009.

1. Dazzer21

Dazzer21 Member

Hi Folks

Been here a few days now - nice forums with a nice selection of subjects. I'm located near Gillingham in Kent, UK. Have been doing the design thing for <deep breath> 21 years now, freelance for the last 15 and have been working with the same people off and on for the past 10!

However, these days, due to the nature of the fact that all clients these days seem to think of themselves as designers as well, I primarily push myself as more of a quick and efficient artworker. That way, I'm less likely to blow my top and tell the clients to just leave well alone and let me do what they are paying me for!

But still finding it EXCEPTIONALLY tough at the moment.

Usually based 40 miles away from home in rented office space, but working from home as much as I possibly can at present... Have been looking after a huge client for the last few years but that's starting to slip away a little so I'm spreading my wings a little to do a bit of networking. So now I have to learn how to approach potential customers again! <sigh...>

So here I am!
  2. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Hi there Dazzer - sounds like you've got a lot of experience there!

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Dazzer,

Welcome to Design Forums, seen you've been posting in a few other threads already but thanks for the intro thread. You're not that far from me, I'm down in Thanet, think it's about an hour away (based on last trip to the ice rink!!)

Sounds like you have some great experience, do you have a site for your own work?
  4. Welcome to the forum Dazzer :) I hope that you find this place to be a wealth of inspiration :)
  5. Dazzer21

Dazzer21 Member

I do have a site, but it's woeful - the web guys around here would shoot it down in flames in a heartbeat, I'm sure!!!

Seriously though, I haven't touched it for what must be 6 or 7 years, it even harks back to the days of good old MacOS 9 in its appearance! It's personal space, too, so no-one looks at it anyway! It was just my first attempt at any sort of online project.

Anyway, if you're curious - Daren Halfpenny Digital Artwork (Medway)
  6. MacOS 9 :) those were good days :) I remember using OS 9 great piece of software :)
  7. Dazzer21

Dazzer21 Member

Depending on how fast you can drive, I'm about a minute away from the ice rink! :D
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not that fast... as I have a Fiesta!
    Certainly not as fast as the car in your avatar!! :cool:

Back to your site, guessing you don't have much need for a website if it hasn't been updated in that time? Does all your work come from word of mouth/referrals?
  9. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF
  10. Dazzer21

Dazzer21 Member

I've been veeeeery lucky in that I've had established clients for many years, and have managed to procure new ones by people moving from company to company, referring me along the way. I'm currently in an extremely fortunate position where I have managed to build up a very close relationship with a multinational who keep me busy - however, as times are hard and budgets are tightened, I'm trying to network to fill the gaps...