Good cameras?

faisalahmed

Well here is my story. I've never really been into photography or anything of that nature. But my dad decodes about 2-3 years ago that he doesn't want to pay 800-1000 for a professional photographer to take pictures at my sisters Quincenera. So he goes out and buys a Sony DSLR a100
I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing.
I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.

I'm no photographer by any stretch but the Sony DSLR a100 looks a very good camera especially at entry level.

I'd be more inclined to learn how to use a DSLR properly before upgrading as most of the principles are the same whatever the camera.

I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing.
I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.
As someone who has been doing photography as a hobby for well over 20 years I can tell you right now that if you can't take a decent picture with the camera you have already then you're not going to take a good picture with a new camera.... unless the existing camera is broken which I highly doubt is the case here. All a new camera will do is make the pictures higher resolution, which in turn might actually even show off more issues.

A camera is a tool, nothing more, a good photographer can take a good picture with a mobile phone or a DSLR, because a good picture is more about timing, composition, exposure and ultimately luck by being in the right place at the right time.

Back