Gobbledegoop

wac

I'm doing some simple illustrations that require text that isnt text if you follow me. So I drew in some squiggly lines but the client wants the non-text to look more like text, without actually being legible text, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Since there's quite a bit of this to do, I wondered if anyone knew of a font that was just hand written nonsense?

ah yes like a tweedle dum to a tweedle dee you want to grab the bull by the horns and tweet like a birdie....

ye not following :S

Jimlad said:
He wants an illegible font that looks hand-drawn and squiggly.

Yes, although I've addressed the issue for now by using a scrawl script with low kerning, at the small size it's illegible but looks like text.

Still, it would be handy to have a type to handle this, maybe there's a gap in the market....

It's not an outrageous idea, but not as consistent or swift as using a pre-made type, unless of course you use the pen tool to create the whole font...

I could send you a sample of my handwriting. That'd probably do the job. Most people say that they can't read it.

Hi
Did you sort this out? I was trying to remember where I'd seen something similar. I was at my mum's when I remembered. She has an elderly sofa which is covered with that fabric that was popular a few years ago which looks like it has calligraphy over it, only it isn't really. So, in the interests of research I looked at it a bit closer and realised that all they had done was taken some real words and deleted bits off some of the letters. You might be able to do something with a handwriting type font and an eraser.

Zoe

Thanks Zoe, I've closed this job off now, although it's worth bearing in mind for the future.

Back