Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gi's a job!

Discussion in 'Design Jobs & Employment Forum:' started by stephenpbarry, Jan 4, 2012.

1. stephenpbarry

stephenpbarry Junior Member

Anyone got any pointers for seeking freelance work online. Other than PPH?

2. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

PPH?

I don't know about others but I'd start with your local community first. It's infinitely easier to work for people with whom you have a connection with than random people over the internet who you don't. Unless you live in a ridiculously small village!

I'm not sure what PPH is but I would also avoid crow sourcing websites - where you compete against others for a project and only get paid if your work is rated as the best.

3. PPH = People Per Hour

Personally I started in my local area and now do work for people in the USA, Australia and Japan.

But thats just me :)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

My village wouldn't even know what to do with my services... it's primarily farming out my way lol

5. stephenpbarry

stephenpbarry Junior Member

Yeah. I use PPH selectively. Certainly don't get involved in creating work for free so a client can decide. Difficult not to lose it at people asking for that.
    I do carry out work for local business. But the odd online job helps. If anyone hears of any good places to look, please shout.
    Cheers