GIF question

Adobe Fireworks is a good program for that. Basically you set up the image the size you need (for example, 100x100 px, and 72dpi as its for screen) make as many frames as you need (like traditional animation), put stuff in 'em, then decide the colour and animation settings (eg 8 colours, 10 frames/sec, etc) when you export it.

mrp2049 said:
Come on Jim! As of CS3 Fireworks was dead!

Well then that just shows how long it's been since I felt the urge to make a bloomin' animated GIF doesn't it! Lol.
They rarely look nice.

um fireworks is still in cs5 so it's not like it's dead, never use it but it's there lol

imageready got 'integrated' into photoshop... never actually used imageready to be honest apart from optimising for web lol

Hands in the air...I was wrong!

Strange day continues, I've admitted I'm wrong and upset Linford Christie!

mrp2049 said:
Hands in the air...I was wrong!

Strange day continues, I've admitted I'm wrong and upset Linford Christie!

It all comes in threes apparently... The days not over yet.

Image Ready is excellent for creating animated giffs and, if you have Photoshop in your machine, you probably have that as well to come with it. Don’t forget to produce a story board before you start, on paper or on screen; both ways are ok.

Fireworks is excellent, I use it all the time in industry. A lot better than photoshop in many ways both have their strengths and weaknesses

Everyone post a giff here, please!

I have a moving triangle I created in Image Ready, but I can’t find it. Never mind as it was just for practising. But if someone has done some nice animated giffs I’d love to see them. I’ve heard that it’s possible to do better animated giffs then the silly ones that are available in fun sites, like emoticons etc...

Back