Getting there...

The harsh critique I received here was the jolt I needed.
I went back to the drawing board , looked at some inspirational posters and came up with a much better design. The assignment is to advertise the hypothetical opening of a design studio ( signage and poster).
This is much better start , having a poster I feel happier with. The ringtail possum is an adorable creature in Oz so it was great the poster has something I resonate with. I know it is still v amateurish looking but I am an amateur!sp4 ringtail studios jpeg.jpg
Onwards and upwards...
Happy Christmas to everyone. It too shall pass :)

Hey Susan.

Could you describe where you were going with the image?
I'm seeing a silhouette/shadow of a pair of hands (like the bunny shadow puppet).
Is this right?

Reminds me of a Rorschach test.... so more towards a psychologist etc

Please excuse Levi.
I fear the similarity to a Rorschach Test may be bringing back some painful memories. ;)

@Levi
It's okay fella. Remember....breathe in....and breathe out.

Better?

Hey Susan.

Could you describe where you were going with the image?
I'm seeing a silhouette/shadow of a pair of hands (like the bunny shadow puppet).
Is this right?

Please excuse Levi.
I fear the similarity to a Rorschach Test may be bringing back some painful memories. ;)

@Levi
It's okay fella. Remember....breathe in....and breathe out.

Better?
:ROFLMAO:
okay ..the truth is I don't know where I am going with this image, esp if it looks like a bunny and not a possum. :whistle:
I am experimenting...... in between trying to find a decent tutorial on creating and exporting text for 3-d signage. ( The assignment requires poster and 3-d signage)

Lynda.com is great , but the three fonts I chose didnt quite work with 3-d manipulation so I will need to emulate the tutor's font by creating my own..blah, blah, or resort to the usual tute where I am forced to create a big flashy gaudy signage. It takes skill to make an elegant font 3-d. At least I have learned this. At my level I may go for a fat font face that has the letters joined-difficult to find....If you know of any?

Either way it shouldn't be too long before i churn out another poster with which to torment Levi :)

check out google fonts... loads of free fonts you might like there.

As to a possum.... we don't really have much experience of them in UK so bunny it is for us lol

Back