Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rid of cold

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Nov 3, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I have had flu for the last few days and have felt like s**t! All i seem to do at the moment is go to sleep. Is there any way I can get rid of it? Any old remedies any might have? cough is doing my head in and haveing a stuffed nose and throat aint helping me sleep.

2. Tony

Tony Member

Lemsip max capsules work for me along with hot ribenas. I know the capsules are only decongestant, paracetamol and caffeine but they work for me.

Buy the night time versions which dont have the caffeine in. Or there are the new all night capsules which i'm trying atm. Due to being ill btw not as I am a druggy, honest.

Also in the night put a load of vapour rub on your chest and make sure there is a nice flow of air in the room.

Oh and stay off milk.

Failing all that, go hard on the whiskey.

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

vapour rubs awesome :)

Lemon + sugar + hot water + alcohol (whiskey) also does a great job

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

No quick cures but I know a way that limits the amount I get :)

I don't have the heating on unless its very very cold, I don't even have the heating on when I'm in bed and asleep, its only used to take the chill off mostly with the occasional longer use when its very cold.

I can't stand a place being overly hot so this is worse for me and I seem to get colds more when I've been stuck in warm places. I think its down to when I was younger we had no central heating and so during winter I often had ice on the inside of the windows when I woke up, now my body just doesn't like the heat :)

5. tim

tim Senior Member

VITAMIN C BITCHES!

im an orange juice man.

6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Love that...go hard at the Whiskey...bring on the Bushmills...

and I don't get 'colds' or flu....the secret?

is in the pies.

7. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

I second hot ribena but add some elderberry or echinacia to it :)

8. I'll be honest.. I think most of the "cures" are just a way of you forgetting you are sick. For me its bed rest and wrap up warm and sweat the thing away :lol: :) seems to work :)

9. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Drink lots of fluids, squash etc. go for a run or bike ride, sweat it out :)

10. designium

designium Member

take a shower... and make lots on love! :D

11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Tried this chris, not getting far lol. I like the Ribena idea..I like ribena. I get double ill when I have lemsips.

12. LOL well its a long winded process :) Hopefully you'll feel better soon mate :D

13. Thewholehogg

Order a really hot curry!

14. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

only if your partners had a flu jab though :D

Good excuse, Doctors orders an all that ;)

15. I can imagine the line:

"Hey baby, just got back from the Doctors, the prescription is lots of sex in the shower" :lol: :D

16. davewill

davewill Senior Member

i presume u mean 'of' rather than 'on' and if that's so then i think that could be tricky desigium, surely ud have to find someone to do that with who doesnt mind snotty noses, streaming eyes, sweaty flushes, coughing, spluttering and general all round nasty cold effects, hardly romantic, but i guess if it does the trick... :p
    ________
    MEDICAL DISPENSARIES

17. Thewholehogg

I've had worse....

18. charles

charles Senior Member

Tamiflu....

19. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

it's funny how you have it off, but get it on isn't it :D

20. Tom Sound