Getting into the work place.

Squiddy said:
I hadn't seen that before Levi, it took me a while to actually find your entry, page 17 I believe..! It was worth it though, good stuff! Can't wait for the next comp! ;)
Yeah it's not bad for something that isn't my speciality, I don't really do branding after all.... but you may want to read the other threads relating to it, you may get a feel for my own critiques on my work.... (hint hint)

Hi Chris, I'm trying to look @ your portfolio but no luck as the link is dead..? I'd love to see your illustration for the t-shirt & apparel design. Seeing as I'm in the apparel business myself.. ;)

I had the same problem myself, no degree = no job. So i decided to go freelance and although it has been tough i must admit it has been very rewarding. I am now approaching agencies on a freelance basis and seem to be getting some good responces.

Keep it up and you will get there. Remember if there isnt a place for you then make one :)

Hey!

I've recently been applying for graphic design jobs around the UK just to get a bit of feedback really.. as I'm in uni for another 2 years!

Im just wondering if it is actually possible to get a good graphic design job with no degree? Almost all of the job posts i've seen for junior graphic designers say:
Degree or equivalent in graphic design or similar/visual communication & in-depth knowledge of photoshop, indesign and illustrator.

I know it's not physically possible for me to get a job as my skills are now as I'm useless on illustrator (work in progress)! I'm just curious.

Also this is my temp online folio.. what would employers like to see, baring in mind I'm aiming to be a graphic designer for a clothing brand or apparel print designer.
cargocollective.com/no13

thanks x

Hi,

Have you thought about advertising yourself as a freelance designer? It allows you to gain experience while in university and not intrude on your time hugely.
We have a Gallery where designers can post there work, then printed.com customers can contact them about designing work. You can have a look on our facebook if you wish facebook.com/printedcom

Back