Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day from down under ;)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by furto, Jan 14, 2009.

1. furto

furto Member

Hey everyone! Im an 18 year old who has just finished year 12 at high school and Im trying to be a web and graphic designer! I live in Sydney, Australia and its around 35*c at the moment!

I have a site that showcases my clients sites and stuff like that here.

I am currently trying to teach myself jQuery and have a little project planned in the future that is way too super top secret to disclose :p

Hope that I can help a few of you guys and gals out every now and again.

Oh yeah, my name is Ryan Furtner, hence 'furtzdesigns' :p

2. tim

tim Senior Member

morning :D

welcome to the forums auzzie man :D

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hey Ryan,

Welcome to Design Forums, so are you currently looking for a position in Sydney then or planning to start up as a full-time freelancer? I like the little JS slider you have on your portfolio, works well :)

Intrigued by the super top secret project! lol
    Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,
    Greg

4. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

G'day mate :)

Welcome to the forums!

Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

5. furto

furto Member

Hey Greg, I'm looking at freelance stuff at the moment. This is mostly because I have finished my first year of the electrical trade and im going to finish that off before i do anything else. But eventually i would love to work in a design firm or have enough freelance work to live off!

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Sounds good, so you're currently working to be an electrician?
    and completing freelance projects in your spare time?

7. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

8. furto

furto Member

That's exactly what I'm doing, and any days I have off from work I try to teach myself new stuff. Like i mentinied before I want to be pretty good with jQuery and then I will probably try and figure out wordpress.