Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD Student Dyslexic, Liverpool.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by nontrickpony, Mar 10, 2013.

1. nontrickpony

nontrickpony New Member

Hi I'm Rachel, I'm a GD student from Liverpool.
    Since being assessed its been confirmed I'm dyslexic which would explain a lot.
    I'd like to make contact with designers from the UK and especially any with Dyslexia who may be able to give me some tips on how to combat some of the issues it comes with.

I'm pretty silly and very helpful so also up for talking nonsense or offering help when I need to procrastinate.

2. Edge

Edge Active Member

Welcome from a fellow scouser!

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
  4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the GDF, please spread the word about us at Uni :icon_wink:

5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Hi Rachel - welcome to the forum. Just to let you know that I know a graphic designer who is severely dyslexic and is a very talented and successful designer! He had little or no reading skills but like most dyslexics was superb at remembering spatially where to click on a menu! You seem to be able to cope quite well - (no typos in your message!!)
  6. DigitalYak

DigitalYak Member

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum, I am dyslexic myself so I know how frustrating it can be. my best friend is my spell checker, I don't publish anything without using it several times including the grammar checker in Microsoft word. Fortunately my dyslexia doesn't seem to affect my ability to code but that's not the case for everyone. Just hang in there and persevere and you will get to grips with it in your own way. don't give up!
  7. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Kate means me :icon_biggrin: actuallly no she doesn't but I am very dyslexic. Spell check, double-check, ask someone else to check and repeat. It's weird but when i typeset text I see it as a "shape" rather than words.

Anyway all the best and you will be absolutely fine :)
  8. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Is everyone dyslexic? Beware Microsoft spell-checker - it's usually set up in American!
    And EVERYONE should use a spell-check and double check, and get someone else to check and if they are getting clients to proof work they should make them aware that the client is responsible for any missed typos.