G5 MacPro or 27" iMac

Jimlad said:
True but in this case doesnt the new shiny shiny have the better spec plus the airport etc? Basically this is a choice that comes down to budget.
spec is debatable, but personally I class 2x2 cores as better than 1x2 core but then I would use all of those cores ;)

nah never enough cpu power when doing renderings, had a still image take over 2 days recently :(

whenever he renders hooks up all the computers on his network at home (6) and gets them all going! It's scary how long it doesnt take!

Just an update for you guys. My boss pretty much made my mind up for me by deciding he’d keep the MacPro to replace the old G4 that’s currently running our RIP.

So, Placed my order for the new iMac last week (got a good deal so went for the Quad Core i5 model) only to be told today that Apple are delaying shipment of all 27 inch iMacs while they investigate display problems – gutted!!

Probably won’t see my new Mac until the new year :(

i know this might be a tad late, if you can afford the i7 it is showing (benchmarks) as being worth the extra outlay.

Yeah I did think about it but even with the discount the i7 was still a tad expensive for me. I'm sure I won't be disappointed (when it finally arrives) considering I was initially only looking at the base model.

don't get me wrong the i5 will be more than fine for just about anyone on this site, I just wasn't sure if you were aware of the performance difference etc

Yeah I compared them both and debated it for ages before deciding I couldn't realistically afford the i7 and still pay the bills lol

My sensible side took over for a change haha!

what you let the sensible side win, you must be ill, go see a doctor to get that sorted out :)

there are tablets you can take that locks your sensible side in a box :D :lol:

Links please Chris!? :lol:

Yeah the sensible side doesn't show it's face too often so it kind of took me by surprise :p

sensible will leave you walking funny for a few weeks :p :lol:

Back