Future of Web Design 2009 (FOWD 09)

Dave1975

Hi all,

Future of Web Design - London 2009

So who's planning to go to FOWD next year? I really wanted to go to FOWD 08 but missed the chance. Would love to go next year, haven't been to any design related events like this before and heard some great things about them, might be a good place to try and promote Design Forums? The lineup looks fantastic!

Has anyone been before? Did you just get the standard ticket?

Thanks,
Greg

PS- How have they done that cool snow effect on the FOWD site?!

Yeah, I went last your was a good conference, met some interesting people didn't learn too much was more reassuring that other people were thinking the same as me and using the same working practices.

Will be going again next year, if enough people go to next years from the forum perhaps we could have a little meetup...???

Best.

Nathan

That could be cool a Design Forums meet up at FOWD 09! Like it! :D
I'll be the one in the Design Forums shirt lol (I'll be on me own then?)

Do I recall you mentioning you was ill for the first day Nathan and missed some of it? Did you make any good contacts? Anyone you have stayed in contact with?

Thanks,
Greg

Yeah I was mate, missed the morning but I mentioned it to the one of the Ladies from Carsonified and she told me to email her and she would send me one of the DVD's which were about £135 I think, when I got back I emailed her and sure enough they sent ma a complimentary DVD so thumbs up to them!!

Never really kept in contact with anyone I met there to be honest.

That snow effect uses javascript, which is free to use Javascript Snow: DHTML Snowstorm pretty cool! also has Christmas lights! - I'm gonna add it to the home page of the company I work for and see if anyone notices!

As for FOWD 09 I've not been before but sounds like a good idea so I might pop along!

Cool thanks for that :) quite like it that you can set the variables, looks better a bit slower IMO, not so sure on the Christmas lights!

FOWD 09 looks good and by all accounts previous events have been very good, it's just the ticket prices that's the only disadvantage!

ouch yeah those tickets are expensive! I wonder if I can get a student friend to buy one on my behalf hmmmmm......

tbwcf said:
ouch yeah those tickets are expensive! I wonder if I can get a student friend to buy one on my behalf hmmmmm......

I'd imagine you'd need student ID on entrance to the event... so probably not worth the risk IMO.

This seems like a really cool event. I'll definitely be going. Could be really cool to combine it with a DF meet up.

Spicy prices though. Have to convince my boss that it is essential for my further development and that she should pay for it :)

Indeed very expensive...

I wish I could go, but it's a bit too far, I think...
Plus, if I could go, I'd have to cough up the money for the ferry.

Maybe some other time :)

Mosskat said:
Oh!! Where is FOWD located this year? I'd be interested to go!

It's at Kensington Town Hall in London this year, was in London last year too, although not sure on which venue, think they run two FOWD's each year one in London and one in New York later in the year. Then there's Future of Web Applications which was in Miami I think?

I am going to FOWD 09 in London along with some others from where I work.

I cant wait, really looking forward to the workshops too.

If anyone else is going let me know perhaps we can meet up.

Back