Fun Factory Logo

RossAdams

Colour combinations are pretty endless, i didn't want too much going on in the logo, any thoughts would be appreciated. It's for a new kids indoor play area

On the white ones, either change the border color to a darker version of the background, or white as well. The 'FUN' factory doesn't give me much of a fun feeling, the Rossis however does.

Im stumped slightly on the colours, but like the purple/yellow and purple/orange as said before, perhaps slight tweaks to the shades will make the text stand out more.

One suggestion - try having the smily face image as the "o" in Rossis and the "y" with a hand still on the end of factory.

philjohns said:
One suggestion - try having the smily face image as the "o" in Rossis and the "y" with a hand still on the end of factory.

Taken your comments onboard, thanks for those :up:

Aarlev said:
That looks great Ross. I really like that. :up:

Thanks man! But i can't take all the credit, a big 'cheers' (holds up bottle of Coors) to the DF members for making it turn out like it has :clap:

I'm digging the orange one (with the smiley in the factory). The font also fits well with the smiley face.
A minor thing I noticed is the repetitive S. Why not rotate the middle S 180°? It will still be legible, but slightly different from the other two.

Shocked and stunned!

After sending across my first draft/proposal (see above) i get a reply saying someone else will be taking up design from here on in, thank you anyway!!!!

I was doing this as a FREEBIE, no cost involved at all!!

tim-ater said:

Just a tad! bit of a kick in the teeth, I'm sure I'm not the only one to be hit with rejection but this is my first, and the fact i did it for nothing just confuses me, is the logo THAT bad they'd rather PAY for another one??

That really sucks Ross... just make sure that they don't use the logo you did even though they said that someone else would be doing the design...

Sorry to hear that. Especially as the logo was developing nicely. So no, your logo wasn't "THAT" bad as you say.
It could be one of a hundred reasons why they went with someone else. They could have asked a lot of people to submit proposals as freebies, before deciding to pay for the one they liked. It could be that someone they know personally has piped up and said, "I can do that."
Don't let it get you down, and don't take it as an affront to your work.

I know most of us have probably done freebies from time to time, for various reasons, and it can be a way of getting paid work further down the line. But it does leave you open to this sort of thing happening when there is no formal agreement, or the client starts off feeling like they don't owe you anything.

At least you've got another portfolio sample out of it, if you choose to take it further, and you might approach free work with a bit more caution now? It's best to try and learn from these things rather than letting them grind down your confidence.

I also agree with Chris, keep an eye out for the logo they do go with to make sure they haven't pulled a fast one.
Does anyone know anything Ross can do to prove it was his idea first? If it came down to an argument. The only trick I remember is putting printouts and an artwork disc in the post, sending it to yourself making sure it gets a good dated postmark, then leaving it sealed when it arrives back to you. Not really sure if that will prove anything though.

well if its done on a Mac then there is a date stamp on each file, also if done on a Mac and using Time Machine, you can show chronologically that it was your design through going back to previous backups etc :)

Back