Full brand, mock project. Comments most welcome

Wee Jimmy

Decided to whip myself up a mock brief and do a full identity package to keep in shape as I haven't done much work lately. Let the thread commence!

Le Brief

first sketches

001_s.jpg

will update as I go along, C&C much appreciated :D

you know that you could make a hand from just the g and the m without using the wrist bit

Haha kevin, it was infact a very very crap sketch of a cartoon gorilla in a beret that I erased :p the lines showed up when I took the pic though.

ralph - most likely, i'll be doing some more sketches if I can't find a direction with these

fist_pencil.png

a_beret.png

I quite like the bottom one, I don't think it needs the hat, I would like to see the red diagonal strip as the horizontal.

Without picking massive holes, you seem to be picking on a communist propaganda/che feel, which I do like, but the only major communist group who got involved in large scale guerrilla warfare was in Vietnam. BUT I am picking holes, I do like the feel of what you are doing.

Was slightly concerned that the font looked a like Pricedown so tossed it around a bit and blended the two.

fist_pencil_text.png

I'm not all that confident with pure type logos, unless ofcourse nothing else is necessary to convey the name, like this(edit, not mine). My background is in illustration so I tend to (possibly to some) overcomplicate my logo designs. Although I intend to conquer my fear of typography with the help of the web, waterstones and amazon :up:

What I wouldn't give to go back to college or uni! Sodding bills!

You could always do a character kind of thing. So you have some set type for paper work but use a character for the front of the company, on websites, business cards and other things.

I'm going to be honest here and say those bombs look like a pencil with those rubber things stuck on the end. Now I'm not sure if thats the look you were going for but that's what I'm seeing :)

don't like the pencil thing off the bottom of the logo.. looks lost to me :)

Back